The Assistant Manager (AM) supports the Restaurant Manager in ensuring delivery on guest satisfaction through managing the daily operations of a single restaurant. The AM helps manage financial controls, operations, people development, guest service and compliance across shifts for desired restaurant outcomes (i.e. increased sales, profitability and employee retention). The AM has full accountability for restaurant operations in the absence of the Restaurant Manager (RM). An AM should be able to work long and/or irregular shifts, including extra shifts, as needed, for proper functioning of the restaurant. This position operates under the direct management of the Restaurant Manager and helps lead the restaurant team.
- Direct efficient and accurate preparation and sale of products for prompt delivery within established speed of service guidelines
- Motivates and directs team members to exceed guests’ expectations with fast and friendly service in clean surroundings
- Follows cash control/security procedures and helps to implement marketing plans, maintain inventory, manage labour, and apply financial reports across shifts to enhance restaurant results
- Assists RM in enforcing compliance with government regulations, BK Market Policy, employment law, food safety, BKC Security Policy, operations, and BKC policies and procedures relating to all restaurant activities across shifts
- As part of the Restaurant Management Team, the AM recruits, hires, trains and works to retain effective team talent, by making decisions or recommendations on hiring, advancement and termination of Team Members.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Possesses Diploma or equivalent qualification
- Relevant experience in F&B or in the retail/hospitality industry will be an advantage
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proficiency in English language, Math and Windows software
For successful placement at Burger King Singapore, the final candidate must be willing to work a flexible full-time schedule, including weekends and holidays, and successfully complete the pre-employment background screening as well as pass the Basic Food Hygiene course.